Are you and your little ones feeling cooped up and ready for some winter fun in Madison, Wisconsin? Don’t let the chilly weather get you down! There are tons of exciting activities to keep your kiddos entertained and engaged, even when it’s too cold to be outside.
- Visit the Henry Vilas Zoo: The zoo is open year-round and offers a variety of indoor and outdoor exhibits. Kids can see exotic animals like lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!). There are monkeys, too.
- Explore the Madison Children’s Museum: This museum is designed specifically for children and offers a variety of hands-on exhibits and activities. Kids can play in the water, climb on the giant spider web, and build with blocks.
- Play mini-golf…indoors! Vitense Golfland on Madison’s west side provides a Madison-themed indoor mini-golf course and arcade. While you are there, have lunch at The Signature Hole Grill & Bar.
- Take a trip to the Wisconsin State Capitol: The Wisconsin State Capitol is a beautiful building that offers free tours year-round. Kids will love seeing the impressive architecture and learning about the history of the state.
- Visit the Olbrich Botanical Gardens: The gardens offer a tropical oasis in the middle of the cold winter. The Bolz Conservatory features exotic plants and a butterfly exhibit that will fascinate kids.
These are just a few ideas for things to do with young kids in Madison during the winter. With so many options available, families are sure to find something that will keep them entertained and having fun, despite the cold weather.